Monday, June 14, 2010

Transformation Proclamation

What would you choose if you could transform into any thing, any feeling, any attitude?

Halfway into the heart of 2010... I've known from the start that this would be a powerful year for new thoughts, new sounds, new insights. Once you experience the befores and afters of major change, you sort of develop a sense for the next approaching shift. I felt it so strongly seven years ago, waking up in an instant, truly falling in Love, chasing the dream of being a filmmaker/computer animator. I felt the undeniable metamorphosis taking place again three years ago leading me from New York to California, to an entirely new community of people, creations, and weather patterns. And now, like a windstorm on the cusp of a coming season, it's obvious things are ready for revolution once again.


I've been extremely fortunate to create music every single day since I ventured out to the West Coast in 2007. Being a big-time beginner in this profession/world, I've had the opportunity to make friends with a number of incredibly talented artists, writers, and all sorts of open-hearted individuals who've become some of my favorite and most important teachers. I'm broadening my taste buds, introducing my senses to new melodies and nutritious foods. I'm learning every day to listen closer and speak clearer. But the greatest lesson I've learned in recent years has been to embrace the beautiful uncertainty of things. To see the light at the end of the tunnel without overlooking the meaningful architecture of the tunnel itself.

Right now I'm in the tunnel. Hard to say where I'll be in one month, but I'll be inspired! I have no idea
how some current circumstances will pan out, but I trust they will. I'm stretching the reach of my outlook, learning to bend as the wind blows. I can feel the tectonic plates shifting the floorboards beneath me. Even this entry is the start of a fresh step in the path. Life all around is transforming, and I am stoked beyond words to flow with whatever shape this new wave takes. Bound to be something incredible.

Something miraculous.
Ryan

*Awesome photograph in this post by Arian Horbovetz

3 comments:

  1. you had me at: bound to be.

    if anyone can redirect a tunnel,
    can flip on the light at the far end, and
    sail out like a Mii captain on an avocado frigate,
    it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the odds are about 1 in 100, I know I'll find you there
    Living limitless, and making it all look easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is "Ay,Ay,Ay"!
    You never fail to amaze me with your
    beautiful words and insight to life!

    ReplyDelete