Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bumping Elbows With My Future

Tonight has been the best night ever. Dancing side by side with my mentors, my future and present-tense friends, my energy boosters and music growers. I got to sing with a roomful of voices, all putting our brains aside to simply let joy flow in and out and through everything. Tonight is proof that sometimes I prefer my meditation loud enough to dance to. It's truly amazing to visibly watch the sound of music take full control of our hips and legs and skyward hands. We are so lucky to be in such close proximity with anything-is-possibility.

Even more incredible is the way Life keeps showing up day after day with surprising twists in my never-dusty tale. I've been having so many detailed dreams of friends and close conversations lately, and so many waking-hour encounters of such surreality, that I honestly don't care which one is the dream. I'm hooked into my own personal Magic Eye whenever my lids are closed and anytime they're open. If you're reading this awake or if you're dreaming this as well, let me remind you how much love and infinite thanks I hold for the greatness that you are. Truly.

My Dream Would Suck Without You

So many hearts before mine have learned and shared that
all you need is love 
the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
intense love does not measure, it just gives

Love. One of the most remarkable things I can think of in my life is the power of learning something I "already know" for the first time (again). Tonight my new/old lesson lay in the lines of a song by my new friend Parker Ainsworth:

I only wish to leave one thing behind
only love

That's everything. Thank you to my future and present friends for your reminders, your willingness to befriend a stranger, your unmatched dance moves, and your unconditional love. And so many birthdays celebrated tonight! I feel so lucky, so thankful, so amazed to be alive during the same years as so many unbelievable people (and Penny Lane the puppy).

It'd be nice if I had pictures of the dancing and singing and salutations that came to light this evening to share with you. Just believe me that I am having a blast with this extraordinary life and I sure hope you are too.

That's the way, my friends, to completely forget you stepped in dog shit when you first got to the party.


ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment