Sunday, April 17, 2011

Try Not To Laugh

Laughter is the best medicine
(when taken in humongous doses)

It's really excruciating on my stomach, having the funniest siblings and friends on the face of the earth. My brother came by tonight. We laughed so hard, my insides relocated to higher ground. It's as though gravity got reversed, causing my stomach to launch into my throat. I now understand the true meaning behind "Laugh It Up", literally.


When we were little, we created a legendary game played mostly in backseats of long car rides and during hours when everyone else tried to sleep. We called it Try Not To Laugh. We could say or sing or contort our faces into previously unimaginable shapes, with the sole intention of making the other person laugh out loud. Only rules were you couldn't come in contact with the other player & the listener couldn't look away from the laugh-inducer. 


Your turn! 
Try not to laugh at this...



Sometimes I forget how hilarious we are. 
Sometimes I remember we're the only ones who think we're this funny.
All I know is, despite the chest pain and the neglected possibility of embarrassment, laughing this hard reconnects my heart to some ageless infinity within me. 

Let's grow young together.
ryan dilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment