Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Dream In French

I find that whenever I doze off in a new place, I tend to have the most elaborate and vivid dreams. Almost as though the room around me has just as much say in what's playing inside my brain as any other ingredients that go into creating the world I see in my sleep. Does everybody feel this? Different locations on Earth trigger unique synapses in my head, each position on the globe delivering its own locally-grown snooze nutrients to my subconscious self, keeping me energized as I protect the innocent from public transportation assassins or listen intently to Imogen Heap's one-on-one songwriting lesson as she urgently lectures at a piano inside a dark room quickly flooding with water. Wish I could post screenshots from that one. I should add that the piano sounded amazing as the water reached the keys. Something to look into.

I finally (two days after the release) got to see Inception - so good. A theater filled with people anxiously biting their nails and dropping their jaws as I failed to hold together the pieces of my freshly blown mind. I'm a sucker for an extraordinary story and my wife-from-another-Life Marion Cotillard.

If tonight was only just a dream,
how will I explain you to the real me...
ryan.dilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment