Monday, July 5, 2010

Life On Earth

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."


I want to be a heart who takes action. It'll never feel right to be a voice that talks about how dirty the river is and do very little to clean it up. It's pretty horrifying to know entire habitats and views as beautiful as these are currently choking on oil. What if the leak began where I'm standing, and I never got to see what I'm seeing now ... This is possibly the most stunning spot on Earth I've been, and I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have woken up today in this unspoiled paradise.


There's a neighborhood back home in NY that has truly become a sanctuary for my own creativity and wholeness. What if that place were flooded with petroleum? What action can I take starting now to protect the Life I Love?

So many positive do-ers and circumstances have inspired me these past few years to conserve energy, erase wasteful behavior, and understand that we each make a billion daily decisions that undeniably have an effect on the whole shebang.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." -John Muir


There are so many unbelievable songs and seas and people I've yet to meet on Earth, and I know there are an infinite number of ways for me to give more Right Now for the present planet and for the children and landscapes hereafter.

On your side,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment